As we all start to experience the impact of COVID-19 more and more, I think it’s important to remember the value of community and kindness. Also, there are some really practical things that we can do.
I am not a medical professional by any means but wanted to share a few thoughts and things that I have found that work for me and may help save lives. We don’t yet know what COVID-19 actually is and following best practices may end up helping more than we think in the end.
Trying times can take a toll on us mentally, and it’s important to remember to reach out to our communities. Personal reflection is vital, and reaching out to mental health professionals is always a good idea. There are many digital healthcare services that are available. Check with your insurance provider for resources or www.mentalhealth.gov.
- Build up your immune system with healthy and vitamin-rich foods. Literally, eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible and stay away from processed food, caffeine, alcohol, smoking, and sugar. Get as much exercise as possible, even if you’re at home. This great little slider is perfect for homes of any size. Also, try to reduce stress and SLEEP! Apple cider vinegar also helps to kill pathogens. I take this twice a day.
- Doterra has two oils that I’ve used for a long time. OnGuard and Oregano Oil are always a good idea to use. Since I’ve started taking these regularly, I haven’t been sick in two years (I’ve also made other lifestyle changes and received both the flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine). Please be sure to check with a healthcare professional and follow application/ingestion directions.
- Don’t forget about Lemon Oil and rubbing alcohol as cleaning agents. You can even make your own hand sanitizer out of rubbing alcohol. Bath and Body Works has aromatic flavors for their unique hand sanitizers. I’ve also been diffusing Lemon Oil pretty frequently. NEVER MIX HYDROGEN PEROXIDE WITH VINEGAR!!
- Get some Zinc! “Zinc is an essential mineral that your body does not make on its own. It aids growth, DNA synthesis, immune function and more.”
- Don’t forget about Vitamin C and Echinacea. I often take Emergen-C packets and there are also things like Airborne to take as well. Please follow recommended dosages!
- Get back to basics an reach out to spiritual advisors. Prayer and meditation have always helped me through trying times.
- Find ways to give back even if you can’t do it in person. Share your stories, resources, ideas, and encourage others digitally.
- Create a mantra of wellness and safety and speak life and health into your surroundings. CLICK HERE to watch one of my favorite digital escapes for when I get overwhelmed!
- As the entire world turns their attention to disinfecting and cleansing, I challenge you to turn inward and do a holistic detox to rid your life of negativity and do some spiritual spring cleaning!
Make a commitment to rise from the ashes of this pandemic a better person.
Please post and share other resources as well, and I will update as the story unfolds.
UPDATES by CNN – March 16, 2020
“The White House has issued guidelines for Americans during the coronavirus pandemic.
Titled “The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America: 15 days to slow the spread,” many of the guidelines are broad and have been what the administration and health officials have been saying from the start of the outbreak.
Included in the guidelines:
- People should avoid gathering in groups of more than 10
- People should stay away from bars restaurants and food courts, and to not travel if possible.
The guidelines also say states that have seen community spread should close bars, restaurants and other public places, though again, that is not a mandate.”
- John Hopkins – Coronavirus Disease 2019 vs. the Flu
- Really interesting article about how disinfectants actually work. It’s a longer process than you might think to actually kill germs on hard surfaces.